Sunday 9 December 2012

Week 13

 Dear Parent/ Carer,

A combination of the Christmas Fayre at Fairlawn and my family joining me for the weekend kept me away from the computer last weekend.  Apologies for last week's hiatus...

Since my last post, we have had School Achievement Reviews at our three schools - all of which evidence the continuing progressive journey that we are taking.  I am very grateful to Adam Higgins, our School Improvement Adviser, for his support and input and to our Heads of School and staff for their incredible hard work.

I had the pleasure of attending The Turning of the Year concert last week at Blackheath Hall.  My mother and father were down for a short visit and attended the concert with me.  It was beautiful!  I was quintuply (if there is such a word) proud that:
  • our Fairlawn children gave a great performance, 
  • our Kilmorie children gave a great performance
  • all of the children from the Lewisham schools that participated in the event gave a great performance
  • and that our wonderful Anne Rennie (Fairlawn) 
  • and our fabulous Daisy Moon (Kilmorie)
had done such a remarkable job in bringing the event together, in developing such a high level of quality with their choir and in leading the singing in the way that they did.

We are fortunate in our schools to have such wonderful talent amongst our teachers, talent that can bring the very best out in children and help them to connect with that joy of performance and pride in the quality of their endeavours.

We are, of course, in the midst of Christmas recitals, concerts, performances, and all.  I am sure that you are enjoying them as much as the children are.  Two more weeks until our Christmas break.  My... how quickly this term has passed!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Mark Wilson
Executive Headteacher

No comments:

Post a Comment