Saturday 26 January 2013

Week 16

Dear Parent/ Carer,

I am delighted to say that all three of our schools were open every day last week, despite the snow.  My grateful thanks to all staff and parents who helped to clear pathways through our sites to enable full opening.

I have spent the majority of my week this week at Haseltine.  We welcomed ofsted to the school on Tuesday and Wednesday for a full inspection.  While I am unable to share the contents of the report until it is published on the ofsted website, I am able to say that Ms Brumby and I were very pleased with the way that the inspection team captured the important features of the school and recognised the incredible hard work that the staff, families and children put in every day.  As soon as we are able, we will be sharing the contents of the report with you.

On Friday, I enjoyed an Aussie Breakfast in Ms Field's Reception class at Fairlawn that included Vegemite and Damper.  The children were certainly enjoying their Bush Tucker!  Such activities are part of the rich experiential curriculum that we aspire to create for children in all of our schools.  A key advantage that we have over other schools is that we have three schools working together... sharing ideas, sharing resources and sharing capacity to create a rich and exciting provision for our children.

Have a lovely weekend,
Mark Wilson
Executive Headteacher

No comments:

Post a Comment